- Shrewsbury 01743 241281
- Telford 01952 216100
Academies, Schools and Colleges
We're here to help.
The Dyke Yaxley Academy Team will guide you through your School's transition to Academy Status.
From financial review, company registration and day-to-day accounting through to payroll, Human Resources and IT services, we will help you every step of the way.
Our service package includes
- Financial strategic review
- Operational structure
- Legal issues - registering your new Academy as a limited company and 'exempt charity'
- Trading company - assessing the need for a separate trading company
- Raising finance and financial monitoring of major projects
- Banking - setting up bank accounts for the new Academy
- Local Authority liaison - liaison with the local authority to close down the old school and transfer of funds to the new Academy
- Insurances - redefining and renogotiating policies
- Support for the Responsible Officer
- Employment and Payroll Support - managing the transfers of employees from local authority to new Academy employment
- Pension Scheme - assessing and managing the impact on the Teachers' Pension Agency and the Local Authority Pension Scheme
- Year end accounts - preparing year end accounts in accordance with The Companies Act, The Charities Act and Charities SORP and managing external audit
- Accounting system - audit of current accounting system, setting up the new Academy on your system and review of coding structure
- VAT - the impact of potential VAT registration
- Training - providing Governors with training to interpret the charity regime and accounts
We would like to offer you a no-obligation, free-of-charge hour-long meeting to informally discuss the issues and challenges connected with being an Academy.
Please download a pdf version of our Academy Status Booklet for further information.